Hearts of Faith is a program to provide the opportunity for individual members of faith communities who already support ALS to make a one-time special gift/pledge to the $5.2M Hearts to Homes Capital Campaign to construct a new two-story building adjacent to the current shelter.
We need your help to provide:
- Seven family bedrooms to support families, women, and children increasing space for 28-35 more individuals.
- Classroom and small meeting room space which will allow other agencies and volunteers to come and provide needed services and programming for our residents including employment information and training.
- Space for residents to remain in the shelter on weekends and daytime when not working to receive even more services and eliminate the need for them to be on the street, in the parks, or businesses.
- A computer lab for training to improve technology skills which can lead to higher paying jobs.
- Expanded programming and space for children including a state-of-the-art, outdoor playground built as the centerpiece of the new building. Separate rooms will be available for infants/toddlers, children, and teens.
- Expanded and upgraded kitchen and dining facilities to provide more efficiency in preparing and serving meals to residents.
Pray with your faith community and family and decide if you can support this local mission!
3 Ways to Give Pledge Today- pay monthly, quarterly or annually.
Pledges can be spread out over three years if needed. For example, if you'd like to donate $3,000 you can give $1,000 separately in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Make a One-Time Gift or Deferred Giving, through a bequest in your will.
Rejoice and be Recognized
Every faith community that participates in the Hearts of Faith Campaign will receive permanent recognition in the new facility. Individual Hearts of Faith contributions
over $1,000 will also be listed with the faith community.
For more information, contact Jim Reeder at 817-548-1670 or jreeder@ArlingtonLifeShelter.org.